I always believe that the key ingredients for achieving long-term success in the business and operations are credibility, integrity, innovation management capability, experience, know-how, courage, willingness, vision of success and complex problem solving skills in the way you manage.
I have intensively worked in pharmaceutical and agri-food manufacturing industries and managed and consulted many organizations.
I like this Chinese proverb; "The people follow the example of those above them".
In Turkey, we like to say; “Fish smells from the head”.
Do you want to learn what great leaders do to achieve a high performance organisation? Check yourself!
- They are authentic and have strong emotional intelligence. They create candor effect within the organization. They motivate, inspire and create proper discipline. They are trustworthy and establish trust with candor, transparency and credit.
- They build highest productivity, operational excellence, organizational agility and organizational alignment.
- They celebrate success and reward top performers.
- They develop and implement long-term innovation and marketing strategy and regularly reconfigure it. They make competitive intelligence.
- They make long-term sector analysis and if necessary they make successful disengagement to prevent failures on time.
- They keep primary focus on main business purpose, accomplishment and ensure that people are taken care of.
- They take responsibility and show greater accountability. They delegate effectively.
- They work with the best performers and remove bad performers. They have well-qualified workforce.
- They have a long-term talent management strategy and accelerate skills development. They develop productivity and innovation-focused minds.
- They focus on new technology, products, services and customer demands and make changes before than competitors.
- They provide effective interaction between cultures, people and leaders.
- They embrace global uncertainty and execute effective solutions before than competitors.
- They create a continual transient competitive advantage to the company and stakeholders.
- They see opportunity in uncertainty, instability and crisis.
- They are strong researcher, reader, listener, learner, improver, developer, implementer and executer. They ask the right questions and learn by setting the example.
- They are faster and decisive in true and effective decision making.
- They foster and reward innovation as a business strategy for local and global competitiveness. They encourage and nurture disruptive persons.
- They provide effective and competitive growth through new technology, services, products, internalization, mergers and acquisitions and networking. They have strong R&D skills, innovation and customer immersion lab.
- They take real risks, not fake risks. They perform a true and effective risk analysis and crisis management.
- They develop and implement customer sensitivity. It becomes a credible reality throughout the organization.
Make your decision and take action today!