Do you examine your own management practices and take necessary measures?
Clearly, a high number of non-management employees shows disengagement and they don’t work at full productive capacity.
I believe that when people and employees care – when they are engaged; they use discretionary efforts to achieve business goals and create better productivity and innovation.
Do you want to put your people and employees in a more productive mindset?
I believe that the following 9 practical suggestions can create better engagement and productivity in the organization and employees.
- Provide a regular and helpful feedback to employees in a way that encourages them to work effectively. This feedback can be an encouragement for a job well done or a correction to improve the way of working. On the other side, asking for feedback to the employees takes courage and supports to create an open and transparent culture in the organisation. If the management does not act on the needs of the employees, this creates damages in engagement and productivity. I know that leadership can successfully use the asking to maximise engagement, productivity and growth. Of course, they have to be sure that they plan and invest resources in the follow up.
- Recognize and respect employees. This is a powerful motivator for employees. If they feel this in a genuine way, they will work to achieve the business objectives.
- Give adequate training and development opportunities at all levels in the organisation. I know that companies prefer to give leadership training and they neglect the supervisors and middle managers. I believe that necessary training and development programs should be given to the all levels in accordance with their job performance needs. This will create better performance to all of the people in the organization.
- Give necessary support to the employees when they need in a genuine way. According to the my experience in multi-industry; employees, supervisors and middle managers can face with many issues during their daily works and management should solve the problems in a reasonable manner. Unfair criticism is the easiest way and it contributes to the poor productivity and morale values. Leaders should also understand their people and make emotional support if necessary. I know that this is a main problem in the organizations due to the poor leaders and HR systems who are leading the organisation.
- Praise and recognize your employees. I believe that this is a more powerful motivator than money. Here integrity and credibility of the leader play a crucial role to achieve the high performance organisation.
- Design a suitable salary system and economic incentives. I know that employees want to have a suitable salary level that is similar to the other companies. Leadership should implement an operating/rewarding system that matches company values.
- Ensure that senior leadership culture and behaviors energize people and employees to achieve the business objectives. I know that employees quickly notes the leader’s “walking the talk” and they share with others and this creates a negative culture, low productivity and poor innovation for the business. Therefore, developing and maintaining a consistent management approach, integrity, credibility and organisational values create better emotional commitment, productivity and employee engagement.
- Design and communicate mission, vision and values in a way that they sparks joy and enthusiasm in the people. So that they can have positive feelings to do their jobs at the time in an effective way. Clearly, I have to say that leadership should communicate a transparent and well-designed marketing and innovation strategy that engages and drives the people in the organization. I know that many leaders and business owners are talking about teamwork and its importance. I believe that if the mission, vision and values are corny and not aligned or not communicated well, this situation creates a negative culture and poor productivity in the organisation. Therefore, leaders should assess their culture. Otherwise, this situation can damage the company in the long-term.
- Delegate effectively. I believe that the leaders should delegate their low value activities as quickly as possible. Delegating should be performed in accordance with the capability and capacity of the people. Otherwise, there will be a lack of trust and misunderstanding about responsibilities. According to my experience and know-how, proper delegation activates the reward network and creates a win-win for everyone in the organisation. Therefore, leaders have to assess capabilities and capacities of people and execute suitable delegation process in the organisation. So that they can build trust and long-term engagement.
Finally, I have to define that emotionally committed people can create better productivity, customer loyalty and reduction in the costs. Therefore, senior and HR leaders should take necessary measures accordingly and activate a high performing engaged workforce.
If you do this; you will have higher service, agility, quality, productivity, innovation and customer loyalty opportunities which lead to higher customer satisfaction, increased sales, higher levels of profits and higher shareholder returns.
Please share this article in Linkedin, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook!
Please write your comments!
Thank you very much!
Yusuf Tokdemir is a business advisor, entrepreneur, innovation consultant, growth strategist, keynote speaker, founder of Chocolat Garden Chocolatier and Innovation Turkey.
He has a proven track record of success in multi-industry.
Innovation Turkey is an Innovation Management Consulting and People Development Company. It collaborates with the companies for people and leadership development, new product design, new service design, new business design and organizes seminars and workshops on innovation management and productivity to achieve competitive commercial outcomes. If you want to solve your issues please call me!
Chocolat Garden is an artisan chocolatier that produces highest quality handcrafted fresh chocolates from 76% Ecuador extra fine dark chocolate for chocolate lovers. We deliver your orders in 3 days.
Innovation Turkey olarak şirketleri acil ihtiyacı olan verimlilik, büyüme, karlılık, yeni ürün geliştirme, yeni iş geliştirme, personel geliştirme, yönetici koçluğu vb alanlarda ihtiyaçlarına yönelik çözümler üretiyoruz. Ticari kazançlarını artırıyoruz. İlgili konularda seminer ve workshop düzenliyoruz. Şirketinizin ihtiyaçları konusunda lütfen arayınız!
Chocolat Garden prestijli, premium, nefis, el yapımı, taze, günlük çikolata üretmektedir. %76 Ekvator ekstra fine Ekvator bitter çikolata ve en kaliteli doğal hammaddeleri kullanmaktadır. Ürünlerde koruyucu vb yoktur. 3 gün önceden alınan siparişler güvenle adrese teslim edilir.